When the doctor or nurse makes mistakes, how can you tell when it’s time to call a lawyer? How far should their margin of error go?
The answer is ambiguous; what some may consider an egregious act, another will consider a simple mistake. But if it costs the patient money or keeps him/her in the hospital, should the health professional be held responsible?
Find a Los Angeles malpractice attorney who can help you decide if you have a good case. No good lawyer will take a case he or she doesn’t think can be won. But make an informed choice on the lawyer; don’t hire on a whim. Here are some things to look for in a good medical malpractice lawyer.
Hire Someone Who Knows Medical Malpractice
- Hire a lawyer that specializes in medical cases. Malpractice is specialized so you need someone experienced.
- Where did the attorney get his degrees? Does that school have a good focus on medical issues? Does the attorney have a history of dealing with this kind of case?
- Does the lawyer sit down to talk over everything personally? Does she listen to you? Is she too busy? Does she have the resources to put into the case in order to win?
- Find a lawyer that not only has experience with medical malpractice cases, but one that has a history of winning them. You want someone who knows what he’s doing and has done it hundreds of times.
- Check out the stability of the lawyer’s company; medical malpractice suits are often costly, and it takes money to get expert testimonies, process medical tests, and get witnesses.